Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating a space for vacuum/air in my model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, I am very new to COMSOL so I am just currently learning the basics of the software.

I am trying to simulate the electric fields lines in a high voltage feedthrough that is assembled inside of a chamber. My simulation is basic, with a ground end and an end held at some voltage. I created my object in the 2D builder, since it is symmetric about its axis.

Basically what I want to do is define a "wall" that is also symmetric so I have a space that I can define the electrical properities of vacuum/air. However, when I make a rectangle that goes from the axis to distance "x" and try to solve the model, I get an error (attached below).

Does anyone have any tutorials, tips, or guidance? Please let me know if you need more information etc.

Best, Pat

0 Replies Last Post 4 janv. 2019, 18:27 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Patrick Gicala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.