Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extract data comsol with matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I use COMSOL with Matlab livelink for running EWFD simulations. I simulate 2 modes for each frequency of a large sweep. I want to extract the data for each mode from matlab but I can only have (latest simulation).

I export my model as .m file from Comsol, run it and extract my data with mphtable(model,'tbl1'), where tbl1 is the table where my data are stored. The problem is that, in comsol, it creates a table for each mode and I have to go in derived values-> choose the mode ->evaluate. That's in comsol. But I didn't find an equivalent from matlab.

How can I make it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Fabien

2 Replies Last Post 20 déc. 2018, 05:08 UTC−5

Posted: 6 years ago 20 déc. 2018, 02:19 UTC−5

By extracting data with the export data in comsol. Then save it as .m file.

or by using

... result.export. ....

function in comsol with matlab.

-------------------
Qasid
By extracting data with the export data in comsol. Then save it as .m file. or by using ... result.export. .... function in comsol with matlab.

Posted: 6 years ago 20 déc. 2018, 05:08 UTC−5

Thanks for your answer. I think it will be really helpful for me.

By the way, I found that we can simply "update probes" (but do not compact history after that) in comsol and then save it as .m.

Thanks for your answer. I think it will be really helpful for me. By the way, I found that we can simply "update probes" (but do not compact history after that) in comsol and then save it as .m.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.