Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I have a question about Transformer Modeling..

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

Now, I am modeling simply transformer in 2D.

I wanna determine the induced current of secondry wire.

I used the Comsol Sover which is AC/DC Module -> Quasi-Statics, Magnetic -> Perpendicular Induction Currents, Vector Potential -> Time-harmonic analysis

Expecting a response to this question

1 Reply Last Post 13 déc. 2009, 21:15 UTC−5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 déc. 2009, 21:15 UTC−5
I'm not sure this can be done in 2D. Real-world transformers have closed and finite current loops. Your choice of applications has currents only perpendicular to the plane of the computation, and of infinite extent (in/out of the plane) But you would have other issues in the in-plane currents application anyway. I suppose if you don't have enough memory for a good 3D model, you could model parallel current rings in axial-symmetry 2D mode.

Anyway, what is the geometry of the transformer you are trying to model?
I'm not sure this can be done in 2D. Real-world transformers have closed and finite current loops. Your choice of applications has currents only perpendicular to the plane of the computation, and of infinite extent (in/out of the plane) But you would have other issues in the in-plane currents application anyway. I suppose if you don't have enough memory for a good 3D model, you could model parallel current rings in axial-symmetry 2D mode. Anyway, what is the geometry of the transformer you are trying to model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.