Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pre-stressed Buckled Beam Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am new to Comsol. I try to simulate the behaviors of a pre-stessed clamped-clamped buckled beam under transverse load applied on the middle point of the beam. Eventually, I want to obtain the force-displacement curve of the buckled beam. However, I don't know how to introduce the buckling. Also, I am unable to obtain the reaction force since I plan to apply the prescribed displacement to actuate the bistable beam from one stable position to the other one. Help me! I really need detailed instruction.

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply Last Post 28 sept. 2018, 02:10 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 28 sept. 2018, 02:10 UTC−4

The information of my model: Beam: 14.9(length) x 3(width) x 0.132(thickness) mm. The span of two ends after pre-stressing is 14.0 mm. Material: PET; E: 3.0e9 Pa.

The information of my model: Beam: 14.9(length) x 3(width) x 0.132(thickness) mm. The span of two ends after pre-stressing is 14.0 mm. Material: PET; E: 3.0e9 Pa.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.