Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, NEW TO COMSOL. I had a 2D geometry and I changed it to 3D geometry. Now, I have found some problems with meshing and I couldn't use physics-controlled mesh. The errors are as follow: Failed to generate mesh for domain. - Domain: 2 Failed to respect edge element on geometry edge. - Edge: 210 Failed to move mesh point in domain. - x-coordinate: 0.00157114 - y-coordinate: -1.8e-005 - z-coordinate: 5e-006 Could you please help me?

1 Reply Last Post 16 sept. 2018, 17:57 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 16 sept. 2018, 17:57 UTC−4

There are many possible reasons why meshing can fail. If possible, upload your model to this forum so that others can look at it. They may then be able to identify the cause of your problem and may even be able to suggest a way to correct it.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are many possible reasons why meshing can fail. If possible, upload your model to this forum so that others can look at it. They may then be able to identify the cause of your problem and may even be able to suggest a way to correct it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.