Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC MF simulation is converging MEF simulation not converging

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Dear all, I have a model to solve electromagnetic heating ( I try to use both MF and MEF). The MF model shows good convergence. Nevertheless, the MEF it does not. Following the different post, I have implemented non-zero conductivity of the air. In the air domain, I solved only Amper's Law (not current), and I have incorporated Gauge Fixing for A-Field. Anyone have an idea why is this happening and how to solve it?

Kind regards, Francisco

3 Replies Last Post 16 avr. 2018, 09:37 UTC−4
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 13 avr. 2018, 07:24 UTC−4

Dear Francisco,

May I suggest that you send your question to support@comsol.com. You will receive a swifter response.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Dear Francisco, May I suggest that you send your question to support@comsol.com. You will receive a swifter response. Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Yara Soares -------------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com ------------------------------------------

Nirmal Paudel Tribhuvan University/Electrical Engineering

Posted: 6 years ago 16 avr. 2018, 09:24 UTC−4

Hi Francisco,

One more thing to check in MEF is that you also have to apply electric potential, V=0 at some boundary(boundaries). If you share the model, will be able to make more comments.

Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Hi Francisco, One more thing to check in MEF is that you also have to apply electric potential, V=0 at some boundary(boundaries). If you share the model, will be able to make more comments. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel

Posted: 6 years ago 16 avr. 2018, 09:37 UTC−4

Dear Nirmal Paudel,

Thank you for your adivice. I have included the V=0 at one corner of the domain. It seams that now it works a bit better.

Kind regards, Francisco

Dear Nirmal Paudel, Thank you for your adivice. I have included the V=0 at one corner of the domain. It seams that now it works a bit better. Kind regards, Francisco

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.