Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cross-Flow Heat Exchanger

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new in Fluid dynamic/heat transfer and COMSOL, so I had a look some examples while I was studying the theories. I would like to compare Heat transfer coefficient COMSOL and the theories I run Cross-Flow Heat Exchanger example model (application ID 173). I changed all of the values (parameters, dimensions, and/or materials) in COMSOL 5.2. However all of tables result (Weight Average Temperatures, Maximum Pressure Drop, and Heat transfer coefficient) were not changed. I also tried to save as in different file and re-ran it but the result remain the same. It make me suspicious that either COMSOL still hold the previous values or I have re-build this model from the start. Can anyone help me regarding this matter?

Regards, Donny

1 Reply Last Post 18 avr. 2018, 13:35 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 18 avr. 2018, 13:35 UTC−4

I built a new file and I changed all of the dimension. Tables result changed and remain the same although I changed all parameters and/or materials.

I built a new file and I changed all of the dimension. Tables result changed and remain the same although I changed all parameters and/or materials.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.