Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Script does not work any more

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have got a script, that I used to run from Matlab more than 100 times until now and it worked fine all the times.
And now, from one day to the other, it produces and error message (attached below).
Nothing changed. The script is 100% the same as before.
I did not upgrade Comsol or Matlab.

What could cause this error? It is very frustrating...
Is it a Java/Eclipse issue?

Thanks for any ideas!
Best regards,
Juergen

??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.ObjectNotFoundException: Object OID855022 not found (temporary = false)
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
Object OID855022 not found (temporary = false)

Stack trace:
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.util.FSMUtil.validate(FSMUtil.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.createObject(CDOViewImpl.java:850)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.getObject(CDOViewImpl.java:743)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.getObject(CDOTransactionImpl.java:572)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.convertIDToObject(CDOViewImpl.java:1043)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.convertToEMF(CDOStore.java:378)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.get(CDOStore.java:171)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.revisionToInstanceFeature(CDOObjectImpl.java:1116)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.cdoInternalPostDetach(CDOObjectImpl.java:375)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStateMachine.detach(CDOStateMachine.java:292)
at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.eresource.impl.CDOResourceImpl.detached(CDOResourceImpl.java:823)
at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.eBasicSetContainer(CDOObjectImpl.java:635)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eInverseRemove(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1443)
at
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSettingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicSet(EStructuralFeatureImpl.java:2410)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eDynamicSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1129)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1103)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eSet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1073)
at com.comsol.clientserver.impl.JobDispatcherImpl.setIncoming(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.clientserver.ClientManagerImpl.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.clientserver.ClientManagerImpl.runServerJob(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.impl.GeomFeatureListImpl.initDynamicOperations(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.impl.GeomFeatureListImpl.getAllowedOperations(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.impl.GeomFeatureListImpl.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.impl.GeomFeatureListImpl$a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.impl.GeomFeatureListImpl$a.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.comsol.model.clientserver.ClientManagerImpl$d.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error in ==> script_RF1 at 217
model.geom('geom1').feature.create('blk1', 'Block');

7 Replies Last Post 10 sept. 2013, 14:09 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 avr. 2011, 04:27 UTC−4
UPDATE:

I used the script as I said about 100 times already and it worked fine.
The script connects to a remote Comsol server (windows, v4.1) and runs a model on that remote machine.
This has worked fine all the times.
The script was not changed, it is the exact same version that I have always used before.

When I now run this script on my local Comsol machine (v4.1, linux) and not on the remote one, it works without error message as well.
So there seems to be a (Java/eclipse) issue between my local machine and the remote Comsol server.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Is there a patch/update?

Thanks a lot for any kind of help,
Juergen
UPDATE: I used the script as I said about 100 times already and it worked fine. The script connects to a remote Comsol server (windows, v4.1) and runs a model on that remote machine. This has worked fine all the times. The script was not changed, it is the exact same version that I have always used before. When I now run this script on my local Comsol machine (v4.1, linux) and not on the remote one, it works without error message as well. So there seems to be a (Java/eclipse) issue between my local machine and the remote Comsol server. Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a patch/update? Thanks a lot for any kind of help, Juergen

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 avr. 2011, 05:09 UTC−4
UPDATE II:

Indeed the comsol version on the server machine changed.
The admin had to reinstall Comsol on the remote server, so that the remote version was only the one from the installation CD (4.1.0.88) without all the updates from the meantime.

After having some trouble with the newest update (although the progam windows of Comsol were closed, the windows task manager still had a comsol "zombie" process running), both Comsol versions are now the same again and I will try running the script again and hope, this problem is now solved.

Best regards,
Juergen
UPDATE II: Indeed the comsol version on the server machine changed. The admin had to reinstall Comsol on the remote server, so that the remote version was only the one from the installation CD (4.1.0.88) without all the updates from the meantime. After having some trouble with the newest update (although the progam windows of Comsol were closed, the windows task manager still had a comsol "zombie" process running), both Comsol versions are now the same again and I will try running the script again and hope, this problem is now solved. Best regards, Juergen

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 avr. 2011, 09:23 UTC−4
Hi

One thing I always to check before reinstalling /updating:

1) that all COMSOL process are stopped and out of Ram (sometimes after a crash, the few times it happens, a COMSOL zombie may remain, indeed)
2) I rename/delete the .comsol in my private user directory and have COMSOL regenerating a fresh new one after the install
3) I install the COMSOL or patch

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi One thing I always to check before reinstalling /updating: 1) that all COMSOL process are stopped and out of Ram (sometimes after a crash, the few times it happens, a COMSOL zombie may remain, indeed) 2) I rename/delete the .comsol in my private user directory and have COMSOL regenerating a fresh new one after the install 3) I install the COMSOL or patch -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mai 2011, 11:56 UTC−4
Hi Ivar,

I got the same problem except for it happens when my script try to generate study step for solution:

??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.ObjectNotFoundException: Object OID130 not found (temporary = false)
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
Object OID130 not found (temporary = false)

Stack trace:

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.util.FSMUtil.validate(FSMUtil.java:249)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.createObject(CDOViewImpl.java:850)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.getObject(CDOViewImpl.java:743)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.getObject(CDOTransactionImpl.java:572)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.convertIDToObject(CDOViewImpl.java:1043)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.convertToEMF(CDOStore.java:378)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.get(CDOStore.java:171)

at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.dynamicGet(CDOObjectImpl.java:485)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSettingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl.java:2303)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1029)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1013)

at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1005)

at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.getGeom(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.applapi.util.e.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.applapi.util.e.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.applapi.util.PhysicalQuantityProvider.createMultiphysicsInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.physics.PhysicalQuantityManager.createMultiphysicsInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.a(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.multiphysics(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.b(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.multiphysics(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.solver.solution.SolverAnalysis.postCreateInit(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.SolverFeatureImpl.c(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureImpl.doInitialize(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelEntityImpl.initialize(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl.b(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl$a.a(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl$a.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.comsol.model.clientserver.ClientManagerImpl$d.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error in ==> mlitest at 415
model.sol('sol1').feature.create('st1', 'StudyStep');

The tricky thing is that it only happens after finishing the first loop. I followed the steps you listed trying to solve this problem but failed. Just wondering whether i should upgrade the comsol to 4.2. Will it help?

best regards,

Yu
Hi Ivar, I got the same problem except for it happens when my script try to generate study step for solution: ??? Java exception occurred: Exception: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.util.ObjectNotFoundException: Object OID130 not found (temporary = false) (rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException) Messages: Object OID130 not found (temporary = false) Stack trace: at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.util.FSMUtil.validate(FSMUtil.java:249) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.createObject(CDOViewImpl.java:850) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.getObject(CDOViewImpl.java:743) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.transaction.CDOTransactionImpl.getObject(CDOTransactionImpl.java:572) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.view.CDOViewImpl.convertIDToObject(CDOViewImpl.java:1043) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.convertToEMF(CDOStore.java:378) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOStore.get(CDOStore.java:171) at org.eclipse.emf.internal.cdo.CDOObjectImpl.dynamicGet(CDOObjectImpl.java:485) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStructuralFeatureImpl$InternalSettingDelegateSingleEObject.dynamicGet(EStructuralFeatureImpl.java:2303) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1029) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1013) at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1005) at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.getGeom(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.util.e.(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.util.e.(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.applapi.util.PhysicalQuantityProvider.createMultiphysicsInstance(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.physics.PhysicalQuantityManager.createMultiphysicsInstance(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.CoordsysImpl.multiphysics(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.b(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelImpl.multiphysics(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.solver.solution.SolverAnalysis.postCreateInit(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.SolverFeatureImpl.c(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureImpl.doInitialize(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.ModelEntityImpl.initialize(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl.b(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl$a.a(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.impl.PropFeatureListImpl$a.execute(Unknown Source) at com.comsol.model.clientserver.ClientManagerImpl$d.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Error in ==> mlitest at 415 model.sol('sol1').feature.create('st1', 'StudyStep'); The tricky thing is that it only happens after finishing the first loop. I followed the steps you listed trying to solve this problem but failed. Just wondering whether i should upgrade the comsol to 4.2. Will it help? best regards, Yu

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 juin 2011, 01:47 UTC−4
Hi

Sorry, but I'm probably not better than you to decode the Java error messages. I expect only "support" to be able to decode those ;)

Normally I do not push for "latest" version, but my advice is really today with the (r)evolution of V4 for COMSOL to install new updates asap (by the way there is already the first patch of v4.2 ;).

When changing so drastically the GUI approach in COMSOL, the 80-20% law applies.
For me, v4.0 was a 20-80 ratio, good to learn the new features, but NOT to do paid subcontracting work.
Then v4.1 was already close to 80-20% with latest patch), now v4.2 is really > 80% in my view.

So since v4.1 I start new projects with v4, and today (just installed v4.2) I really enjoy the increased productivity, but I still have many things to learn, (matlab and API I/F among other, I have concentrated on physics so far, as I play with many mixtures) And there remain a few thing to "improve" so I continue to document my suggestions and send them off to "support" having the pleasant surprise to see many appear in the new releases. The programmers of COMSOl are really doing a good job, on the methodology, the human interface and the programming.

My only "grey" thoughts today are "model validation (are the physics correct) / verification (are the calculations and numerics correct)" tools or scripts. there they lack behind still, but I know they are working on that too.

Based on new phenomena we observe with the detailed simulations of COMSOl I justify to start new development in my company, some implies investments in the several 100k level, so I really cannot allow to miss something. In other words ALWAYS validate your models.

Has the CAD been transferred correctly ?, are all material correctly defined ? do we respect energy/power balance ? are all BC correct ?,
these systematic verifications take today too loooong time, even longer than to solve the model :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry, but I'm probably not better than you to decode the Java error messages. I expect only "support" to be able to decode those ;) Normally I do not push for "latest" version, but my advice is really today with the (r)evolution of V4 for COMSOL to install new updates asap (by the way there is already the first patch of v4.2 ;). When changing so drastically the GUI approach in COMSOL, the 80-20% law applies. For me, v4.0 was a 20-80 ratio, good to learn the new features, but NOT to do paid subcontracting work. Then v4.1 was already close to 80-20% with latest patch), now v4.2 is really > 80% in my view. So since v4.1 I start new projects with v4, and today (just installed v4.2) I really enjoy the increased productivity, but I still have many things to learn, (matlab and API I/F among other, I have concentrated on physics so far, as I play with many mixtures) And there remain a few thing to "improve" so I continue to document my suggestions and send them off to "support" having the pleasant surprise to see many appear in the new releases. The programmers of COMSOl are really doing a good job, on the methodology, the human interface and the programming. My only "grey" thoughts today are "model validation (are the physics correct) / verification (are the calculations and numerics correct)" tools or scripts. there they lack behind still, but I know they are working on that too. Based on new phenomena we observe with the detailed simulations of COMSOl I justify to start new development in my company, some implies investments in the several 100k level, so I really cannot allow to miss something. In other words ALWAYS validate your models. Has the CAD been transferred correctly ?, are all material correctly defined ? do we respect energy/power balance ? are all BC correct ?, these systematic verifications take today too loooong time, even longer than to solve the model :) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 juin 2011, 11:16 UTC−4
Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your reply. I finally find a way to solve this problem.

best regards,

Yu
Hi Ivar, Thank you for your reply. I finally find a way to solve this problem. best regards, Yu

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 sept. 2013, 14:09 UTC−4
Hi Yu,

I am encountering the same problem. I was wondering if you can share with me how did you get around the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Sophie
Hi Yu, I am encountering the same problem. I was wondering if you can share with me how did you get around the problem. Thanks a lot. Best regards, Sophie

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.