Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D plane strain Structural mechanics problem cannot converge

Shoubing Zhuang Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a plate with dimensions: X=30 feet, Y=0.25mm, Z=100 feet. Since along Z direction, the model can be considered as no strain, I tried to use 2D plane strain (X=30 feet, Y=0.25mm). On the top surface, there is pressure. However, no matter how small the pressure is, how fine the mesh is, I could not get a convergent solution.

I attach the model, please help take a look.

-Shoubing

0 Replies Last Post 5 janv. 2018, 08:13 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shoubing Zhuang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.