Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error "Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection" when trying to use Moving Mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I am trying to simulate a very simple spherical indentation in material and because the difficulties to get a stable convergence I 'd like to implement a moving Mesh in my Project. Nevertheless I receive everytime the error: Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection. - Selection: Domain 1 Has someone an idea of what does it means an d how can I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards
G.M.

3 Replies Last Post 20 déc. 2017, 10:37 UTC−5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 20 déc. 2017, 04:37 UTC−5

Hi Gabriele,

The most common reason for this error message would be that you have assigned a moving mesh and Solid Mechanics to the same domain. That cannot be done, since it would imply a conflict as Solid Mechanics itself is defining the deformation of the frame.

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Gabriele, The most common reason for this error message would be that you have assigned a moving mesh and Solid Mechanics to the same domain. That cannot be done, since it would imply a conflict as Solid Mechanics itself is defining the deformation of the frame. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 7 years ago 20 déc. 2017, 05:34 UTC−5

Hi Henrik, that's exactly what I did and now I understand the problem. Thanks. Unfortunately in the user's manual the incompatibility of these two options is not so well highlighted .

Regards

Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,

The most common reason for this error message would be that you have assigned a moving mesh and Solid Mechanics to the same domain. That cannot be done, since it would imply a conflict as Solid Mechanics itself is defining the deformation of the frame.

Regards,

Henrik

Hi Henrik, that's exactly what I did and now I understand the problem. Thanks. Unfortunately in the user's manual the incompatibility of these two options is not so well highlighted . Regards Gabriele >>Hi Gabriele, > >The most common reason for this error message would be that you have assigned a moving mesh and Solid Mechanics to the same domain. That cannot be done, since it would imply a conflict as Solid Mechanics itself is defining the deformation of the frame. > >Regards, > > Henrik

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 20 déc. 2017, 10:37 UTC−5

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for the comment about the documentation. We will improve it for the next release.

Regards,

Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Gabriele, Thanks for the comment about the documentation. We will improve it for the next release. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.