Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Change external material model code for use in a time dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently trying to change Mazar's damage model from COMSOL's example for external material model from stationary to time dependent. I am trying to create a damage model for concrete that changes with time and thus will change the elastic modulus of the concrete over time as a truckload is moving over the concrete pavement. My model currently works as a linear elastic, but I want to change it to be nonlinear elastic. Attached is the code for the external material model that I am trying to modify. The most important step is trying to get damage to change with time and thus have E change with time. The external material is coded in C and then compiled into a dll file, of which I am not familiar with C coding, and am only familiar with Matlab. So I am having a hard time trying to understand how I can make the appropriate changes.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Replies Last Post 24 oct. 2017, 14:09 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joseph Podolsky

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.