Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in evaluating variable Jacobian. - Variable: mat.nu

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I 'm using comsol V4.1a.

I am trying to simulate electromagnetic force problem in solid mechanics model.

But I am having the following prob.

Error:
Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: mat.nu
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 2

I removed Air from solid Geometry but still have same error.

I cant find out the error.Please help me.

M.Ali

7 Replies Last Post 1 juil. 2011, 01:08 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2011, 01:35 UTC−5
Hi

"nu" is the Poisson coefficient, are you sure you have rechecked your material settings and nothing is missing ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi "nu" is the Poisson coefficient, are you sure you have rechecked your material settings and nothing is missing ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2011, 03:26 UTC−5
Thanks,

I fixed that error but still have

Error:
Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: ec.Jz
- Domain: 2

what is this error for?

Thanks, I fixed that error but still have Error: Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. - Variable: ec.Jz - Geometry: 1 - Domain: 2 what is this error for?

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2011, 04:35 UTC−5
Hi,
I fixed this problem.
thnx
Hi, I fixed this problem. thnx

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 02:30 UTC−4
i have same problem like you?

could you explain me how you solved it?

i have geometry of floating buoy on fluid.at the computing it shows jacobian error and sol1/t1 failed to compute....
i have same problem like you? could you explain me how you solved it? i have geometry of floating buoy on fluid.at the computing it shows jacobian error and sol1/t1 failed to compute....

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2011, 13:10 UTC−4
It's comsol bug that has to get fixed. anyway, you have to change the Jacobian name to capital form. like ec.JZ, instead of ec.Jz.
--
Best regards,
Ali
It's comsol bug that has to get fixed. anyway, you have to change the Jacobian name to capital form. like ec.JZ, instead of ec.Jz. -- Best regards, Ali

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 avr. 2011, 10:48 UTC−4
Hi

then it's probably not a "bug" as z and Z are not refering to the same frames, it's related with the Eulerian or Lagrangien reference frames, take a look at

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_reference_frame

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then it's probably not a "bug" as z and Z are not refering to the same frames, it's related with the Eulerian or Lagrangien reference frames, take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrangian_reference_frame -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 juil. 2011, 01:08 UTC−4

I am getting a similar error.
Failed to evaluate variable jacobian
- Variable: u
- Dimension: 2
- Domain group: {1,7}

I am doing conjugate heat transfer in 2d. Basically trying to connect weakly compressible NS and General HT. In subdomain settings of HT when i put u and v after enabling convective ht, i get this error. How can i get rid of it?
I am getting a similar error. Failed to evaluate variable jacobian - Variable: u - Geometry: 1 - Dimension: 2 - Domain group: {1,7} I am doing conjugate heat transfer in 2d. Basically trying to connect weakly compressible NS and General HT. In subdomain settings of HT when i put u and v after enabling convective ht, i get this error. How can i get rid of it?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.