Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling the air temperature inside an enclosure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good evening everyone,

I need to model the air temperature inside an enclosure heated up by an ambient temperature. To do this I made a CAD model of my enclosure with a fitted block inside of the enclosure to act as air, this is the object that I want to see the temperature distribution of along with the enclosure walls. The first image shows my model in COMSOL. At the center of the block representing air is another solid (representing a controller) made of polycarbonate, which I would also like to know the temperature distribution of. My goal was to generate the temperature distribution of these objects when starting at room temperature (65F) and being exposed to a hotter ambient temperature (80, 90, and 100F) for 1 hour.

I'm new to COMSOL and I can't figure out how to make this simulation happen. I have my model imported and all the materials set. I'm not too sure what Physics settings and boundary conditions I need to use in order to accomplish this simulation. I've attached a link showing my COMSOL model to help visualize my design.

Link: imgur.com/a/R0B9B

0 Replies Last Post 29 mars 2017, 04:00 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robert Ehlers

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.