Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

equaions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hii,

I have a question about finding the equations in COMSOL, i would like to know how can i find which equations is used for solving the problems for example if i use CFD how can if the equations which is used for solving

kind regards,
alan

3 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2011, 06:26 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2011, 02:49 UTC−5
Hi

if you turn "on" thew equations either in the Options preferences, or by hitting the small "v" arrov in the left most GUI top border, there is a "show equations" tick. Threafter you will get a new sub-node under most physics nodes, with the detailed equations and their value + some comments.

Only difficulty you cannot sort them by alphabetical order, so you need to go through the full looong list ;)

If you decide to change some of the equations, youwill "lock" it as COMSOL then does not know how to update them, there is a reset button on the GUI border to reset all equations to the default

PS: see with your rep how to update to latest v4.1 or newer, there are many small frustrating missings in the early v4.0

Have fun Comsoling

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you turn "on" thew equations either in the Options preferences, or by hitting the small "v" arrov in the left most GUI top border, there is a "show equations" tick. Threafter you will get a new sub-node under most physics nodes, with the detailed equations and their value + some comments. Only difficulty you cannot sort them by alphabetical order, so you need to go through the full looong list ;) If you decide to change some of the equations, youwill "lock" it as COMSOL then does not know how to update them, there is a reset button on the GUI border to reset all equations to the default PS: see with your rep how to update to latest v4.1 or newer, there are many small frustrating missings in the early v4.0 Have fun Comsoling -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2011, 06:16 UTC−5
HI,

i chose (show equation view and show more equation) from operation-performance. but i can not find the equations. where can i find V in the GUI ?? i can not see it .

Thanks
alan
HI, i chose (show equation view and show more equation) from operation-performance. but i can not find the equations. where can i find V in the GUI ?? i can not see it . Thanks alan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2011, 06:26 UTC−5
Hi

the internal COMSOL variables and equations apear as sub-modes under the physics, once the equation view is activated.

but you need 4.1 to see the main differential equations of the physics, in the main physics node, as they appeared in the v3.5a version

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the internal COMSOL variables and equations apear as sub-modes under the physics, once the equation view is activated. but you need 4.1 to see the main differential equations of the physics, in the main physics node, as they appeared in the v3.5a version -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.