Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D acoustic two port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to implement a two port coupling in an acoustic 1D frequency domain simulation. That is, I would like to couple two unconnected domains at the points P1 and P2, with the transfer matrix

[p1;u1] = [T11,T12;T21,T22]*[p2;u2]

where [p1,u1] and [p2,u2] are the pressure and normal particle velocity at P1 and P2 respectively.

I'm sure there is a simple way to do this but so far i haven't figured it out.

I'm using v5.1

Kind regards

Liam

1 Reply Last Post 1 févr. 2017, 19:16 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 1 févr. 2017, 19:16 UTC−5
In case anybody has the same problem here is the solution that I found to work.

define p1 and p2 using Integration Component Coupling at point P1 and P2 of acoustic pressure p, (dependant variable)

define u1 and u2 using the boundary ODE physics, and following ODE equations,

p1 - (T11*p2+T12*u2) (=0) [1]
p2 - (u1-T22*u2)/T21) (=0) [2]

with 'Velocity field (m/s)' as dependant variable and 'Pressure (Pa)' as 'Source term quantity'

In the 1D acoustics domain define 'Inward accelleration' boundary conditions
"an=j*omega*(+u1)" at P1
"an=j*omega*(-u2)" at P2

I found that this gives the expected results.

Kind regards

In case anybody has the same problem here is the solution that I found to work. define p1 and p2 using Integration Component Coupling at point P1 and P2 of acoustic pressure p, (dependant variable) define u1 and u2 using the boundary ODE physics, and following ODE equations, p1 - (T11*p2+T12*u2) (=0) [1] p2 - (u1-T22*u2)/T21) (=0) [2] with 'Velocity field (m/s)' as dependant variable and 'Pressure (Pa)' as 'Source term quantity' In the 1D acoustics domain define 'Inward accelleration' boundary conditions "an=j*omega*(+u1)" at P1 "an=j*omega*(-u2)" at P2 I found that this gives the expected results. Kind regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.