Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to track the area surrounded by two contours

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, everyone!
I have a short question as shown in the title. Suppose a temperature field is solved. T(x,y,t).
I can plot 2 contours e.g. c1: T(x,y,t)=20 and c2: T(x,y,t)=30. Right now I wanna calculate the area surrounded by these 2 contours, so that the result will be time-dependent area S(t).
Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies Last Post 17 janv. 2017, 23:27 UTC−5

Posted: 7 years ago 17 janv. 2017, 19:58 UTC−5
I guess you can use logic conditions to do that, e.g., f*((T<T1)&&(T>T2))

--
Pu, ZHANG
DTU Fotonik
I guess you can use logic conditions to do that, e.g., f*((TT2)) -- Pu, ZHANG DTU Fotonik

Posted: 7 years ago 17 janv. 2017, 23:27 UTC−5
Dear Zhang,
I appreciate so much for your hint. It does work for me.

BTW, do you know how to calculate the length of the contour c1, so that I can have L(t)= length of c1(t).

Thanks again!
Dear Zhang, I appreciate so much for your hint. It does work for me. BTW, do you know how to calculate the length of the contour c1, so that I can have L(t)= length of c1(t). Thanks again!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.