Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Save results from non converged analysis in master file when using batch sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm using a batch sweep for one parameter "R" to analys how an irregular geometry will influence the load carrying capacity of a concrete slab. For each anlysis a random geometry is generated (by the parameter R) and a precrisbed displacement is then applied. The displacement is applied as a function of time, i.e. a time-dependent analysis is used. The concrete is unreinforced and each failure will therefore in this case be initiated by a drop in the reaction forces in the model. I would like to extract the maximum reaction force from each analysis but encounter some problems when convergence is not reached. I choosed the option to store all solutions in one file.

I found the option so that the program continue the sweep with the next value of "R" when convergence is not reached for a value of "R".
However the solution from this non-converged parameter is not stored in the "master-file" where all converged solutions is stored. To acces the results from the non-converged analysis i have to manually open the stored solution. This will be very time consuming when doing a large number of analyses.

Is there a way of doing this automatically in Comsol? That is, to store the solution from the last converged step from the non-converged solution into the "master-file"? In my case i would just like to save the maximum reaction force from the last converged step in the failed analyses.

// Andreas

0 Replies Last Post 14 oct. 2016, 09:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andreas Sjölander

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.