Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameter sweep with varying number of entities in geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am studying diffusion behavior in electrodes and got stuck in geometry setup. I want to create a geometry with an array of circles in a rectangle, where the number of circles and their positions depend on some sweeping parameters. The problem here is the number of entities in each simulation is also changing for different parameters. I didn't find a for loop in the geometry options. How can I do the geometry sweep? Must I write a bunch of java profiles, generate corresponding class profiles and then add all the physics in Comsol GUI for each parameter? Is there any shortcut?

Thanks in advance!

Fan Wang

1 Reply Last Post 28 sept. 2016, 16:36 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 28 sept. 2016, 16:36 UTC−4
Fan,
You should use name selection in domain and boundary so that when geometric parameter sweep changes the no. of domain, it automatically update the selection of domains or boundaries. In the array nodes of geometric creation, select contribute to and name it.
Fan, You should use name selection in domain and boundary so that when geometric parameter sweep changes the no. of domain, it automatically update the selection of domains or boundaries. In the array nodes of geometric creation, select contribute to and name it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.