Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to incorporate gradient electric field in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i have to find dielectrophoresis force on particle, that force is equal to Fdep= 2*pi*a^3 Re( C.M facotor) * grad (E)
kindly help me to incorporate grad E function in force , so that i am able to find force in all direction

4 Replies Last Post 9 déc. 2016, 15:02 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Puneet Manocha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 juin 2011, 13:26 UTC−4
Hi

I too am interested in modeling DEP in Comsol. Please let me know if you've had any successes.

Shane
Hi I too am interested in modeling DEP in Comsol. Please let me know if you've had any successes. Shane

Posted: 8 years ago 31 oct. 2016, 11:24 UTC−4
Did you get any further on this. I am at the same bottleneck.

let me know
best
Did you get any further on this. I am at the same bottleneck. let me know best

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 1 nov. 2016, 10:38 UTC−4
Hello Ankit,
This blog entry on how to model DEP forces may be helpful to you:
www.comsol.com/blogs/dielectrophoretic-separation/
Best,
Jeff
Hello Ankit, This blog entry on how to model DEP forces may be helpful to you: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/dielectrophoretic-separation/ Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 9 déc. 2016, 15:02 UTC−5
Thanks Jeff!
Best
Thanks Jeff! Best

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.