Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comsol livelink with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to ask a question that MATLAB can whether call a non—local computer‘s COMSOL

1 Reply Last Post 15 sept. 2016, 03:41 UTC−4
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 sept. 2016, 03:41 UTC−4
Hi

Yes, you can have Matlab installed on one computer and have the computations running on another computer.

Look for the command "mphstart" in the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide.

It is a general feature on the COMSOL API that it works equally well on local as well as non-local connections. You can use Java, Matlab and VBA (Excel) to connect to our servers.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark

I would like to ask a question that MATLAB can whether call a non—local computer‘s COMSOL

Hi Yes, you can have Matlab installed on one computer and have the computations running on another computer. Look for the command "mphstart" in the LiveLink for Matlab User's Guide. It is a general feature on the COMSOL API that it works equally well on local as well as non-local connections. You can use Java, Matlab and VBA (Excel) to connect to our servers. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark [QUOTE] I would like to ask a question that MATLAB can whether call a non—local computer‘s COMSOL [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.