Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Electric Circuits interface with Magnetostatics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,
I am trying to simulate a short circuit between 3phase conductors (3phase fault) in comsol.

1. I built a physical model with 3 cylindrical conductors and assigned them materials.
2. Next i use the magnetic fields interface to assign boundaries to my domain
3. I have then used Electric circuits interface to create a circuit with 3 sources to feed the single turn coil feature used in magnetic fields.

When i run my model for time domain study it gives me an error "The dependent variables comp1.cir.R1_i, comp1.cir.R2_i, comp1.cir.R3_i are missing in the segregated solver steps. Add them to existing or new steps. " I do not understand what it means. I tried to remove and alter my impedance value in the circuit. But it doesn't help. I have attached my model for reference.

If anyone can tell me what this error means or help my with any other ideas of implementing this it would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 5 sept. 2016, 02:36 UTC−4
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 5 sept. 2016, 02:36 UTC−4
Dear Saliha ,

Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Saliha , Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.