Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modelling of solar cooker

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I am trying to make the comparison between the two box type solar cooker model. One is having the reflector and another one is having just the box. For the heat source, I am using the external source as the sun and using heat transfer module. In both the boxes, I have assigned all the inside boundaries surface for the bigger box and the outside surfaces of the smaller boxes as the diffuse surface. Also, the front (reflecting surface) is given diffuse surface boundary condition. I am able to mess this geometry but while performing the study I am getting following error attached in the picture which says - Boundary: 12
Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension. Where boundary 12 is the reflecting surface of the reflector. Also, I have given the temperature function as T_amb=33+4*cos(2*pi*(x-14)/24) which is varying with time. where I have written temperature value as Tint=T_amb(t) in the Initial value default node. Please find the attached pictures.

0 Replies Last Post 8 juin 2016, 12:03 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sachin Sanodiya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.