Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

negative volume fraction after solving in coefficient form of pde comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
i am trying to solve a pde

c_t + 11*z*c_x = -(1.1*10^(-9))( c_xx + c_yy -1.5* c_zz )

where c_t is first partial derivative of c wrt to t
c_x is the first partial derivative of c wrt to x and so on.
you can view the pde here also :
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2b26R9E378-MXpqWWxkbkdwblU

I am solving it in a cubic domain with side length of 1mm.
the is a no flux boundary condition at x and y faces and periodic boundary condition in z.
The initial values of c is random with a mean of 0.1.

I have made a comsol file but I am getting the value of volume fraction as negative as well as well beyond +1 . I want to limit is in between 0 and 1.
Please help me in this regard.

I am unable to upload my file here so you can download my file from here: drive.google.com/open?id=0B2b26R9E378-MXpqWWxkbkdwblU

0 Replies Last Post 29 mai 2016, 10:10 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ramanish Singh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.