Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bug for PDE (coefficient form) in Comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've just bumped into a bug in Comsol 4.0a. When using PDE in coefficient form (for 1D at least), the equation displayed by Comsol is correct when only one dependant variable is defined, but is not correct when more than one dependant variables are defined.

To be more precise, when using more than one dependent variables the last two terms of the PDE (beta*nabla u + a*u) became beta*u + u...

So I'd like to be sure that it is only a typo mismatch and that the equation "running in the code" is the same in both cases (1 or several variables). Does anyone have an answer to this question?

This bug has already been reported (see the first discussion about this bug : www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/9656/), so I see no need to post to support@...

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 20 nov. 2010, 08:28 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 nov. 2010, 08:28 UTC−5
Hi

try to get hands on a new 4.1 version, most of these issues are corrected, in anycase report it to "support" so they are sure its done

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to get hands on a new 4.1 version, most of these issues are corrected, in anycase report it to "support" so they are sure its done -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.