Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser Drilling of Ti6Al4V using Nd:YAG pulsed Laser

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new and a beginner to COMSOL. For my research work I have performed laser drilling of Titanium alloys using Nd:YAG pulsed Laser. Now, I need to develop a numerical model to analysis the laser drilling process using COMSOL. I have read several papers regarding laser drilling in COMSOL but I am not getting any idea to proceed.

Can anyone is there to help me out to develop the model and in performing the simulation of laser drilling process. I need to perform analysis as soon as possible; so that I can submit my thesis as soon as possible. So, I required urgent help.

mrsumanmech@gmail.com

3 Replies Last Post 26 avr. 2017, 21:42 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 11 mai 2016, 08:01 UTC−4
Hello Suman,
This blog on thermal ablation may be of interest:
www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Suman, This blog on thermal ablation may be of interest: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-thermal-ablation-for-material-removal/ Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 11 mai 2016, 10:32 UTC−4
Hello Jeff,

Actually, I am not getting it properly did you please provide the sample model which gives the complete procedure. It will be very useful for me in performing my research. i will be very thankful to you.
Hello Jeff, Actually, I am not getting it properly did you please provide the sample model which gives the complete procedure. It will be very useful for me in performing my research. i will be very thankful to you.

Posted: 7 years ago 26 avr. 2017, 21:42 UTC−4
HI,Suman
I have read a lot of papers.but it is hard for me to match athe equations with specific operations.could you please sent me a specific case of laser processing.my email is 2680519778@qq.com. i will be very thankful to you.
HI,Suman I have read a lot of papers.but it is hard for me to match athe equations with specific operations.could you please sent me a specific case of laser processing.my email is 2680519778@qq.com. i will be very thankful to you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.