Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling of two 1D components, porous structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello community,

I am modeling a porous structure (consisting of 3 domains, 1 and 3 are porous, 2 is just liquid).

This porous structure is an 1D model. The particles of domain 1 and 3 are also modeled (as a 1D model) seperately, each in another component (component 2 and 3).
Now I am struggeling to combine these components and I am not even sure if it is possible.
Does someone have any experiences with something like this?
The physical equations of component 2 and 3 should be solved for each value of x in the main 1D model.

I am using mathematics PDE interfaces, x is the spatial coordinate of the model and the COMSOL verion I am using is 5.2

My first Idea was to put all the equations in one component, but I could not find an example about how to model a porous structure with the mathematics PDE interfaces. Maybe this is still the better idea, does someone have an example about something similar?

Thank you very much for your help,
Herman

0 Replies Last Post 6 mai 2016, 05:40 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Herman Meier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.