Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Schrodinger equation in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to set up a model that solves the Schrodinger equation in a particular hexagonal geometry, but I have very limited experience with COMSOL so I am hoping that you can advise me on how to achieve this in the best way.
The Schrodinger equation is an eigenvalue equation so I used the eigenvalue template and set the appropriate coefficients to their value in the equation. Is this also how you would approach the problem?
Either way I am faced with the problem that I want the coefficient u in the generic expression to be a piecewise function that takes on three different values in my geometry. My script is attached and it contains two hexagons and a third polygon which is on two of the facets. I want to define a function that I can use in the coefficient form PDE, which takes on separate values in the smaller hexagon, larger hexagon and on the third polygon.
Could anyone show how to do this?

0 Replies Last Post 11 avr. 2016, 07:33 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello William Heinesen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.