Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quick Question on whether Comsol is suitable for a certain type of problem!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

For my project i'm currently trying to find suitable programs to use, and comsol was suggested to me. I've watched a few videos and looked around in the user manual, but i'm having a hard time finding a definitive answer to whether or not it is suitable.

In my "study" i'm going to model a cylinder which temperature is rising during the time, from 20 degrees to 945 degrees celcius in the span of an hour. The cylinder will radiate to a nearby wall and i wish to measure the temperature in this wall, to see when it reaches a certain point. Is this possible using Comsol?

Apologies for any spelling errors, english is not my first language! Appreciate any help i can get!

1 Reply Last Post 17 mars 2016, 09:38 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 17 mars 2016, 09:38 UTC−4
Hello Christian,
Yes, this sounds like a very straightforward application of COMSOL. You will need the Heat Transfer Module (www.comsol.com/heat-transfer-module) because of the heat transfer by surface-to-surface radiation aspect of your work.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Christian, Yes, this sounds like a very straightforward application of COMSOL. You will need the Heat Transfer Module (http://www.comsol.com/heat-transfer-module) because of the heat transfer by surface-to-surface radiation aspect of your work. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.