Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help required in Electric field (AC/DC Module) simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am an absolute beginner in COMSOL and need all the help I can for my project which I am doing in COMSOL. I have tried a lot to solve it on my own, but failing to do so I really hope the COMSOL community can help me out.

I have a particular structure/geometry which has to be simulated for the current density in the structure. A particular electric field/voltage is applied across the structure and the corresponding current density has to be simulated.

I need to use the Poole Frenckel equation to model the current density:

The equation is as J=uNq*E*(......)

where:

J is the current density

E is the applied electric field

The E has different values within a range, and corresponding to any value of E, I need the current density J to be simulated across the structure/device.

I request anyone to kindly guide me through this problem. If anyone need any more details to help me out, I will provide all the details.

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 1 mars 2016, 16:47 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Paritosh Sahu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.