Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

rebuild a single turn coil feature (mf)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I try to understand how the ODE of the single turn coil feature in 2d-axy work with a coil group activated (windings are in serie configuration) with mf physic.
I think that I need to use an external current density feature and constraint the intensity with a weak contribution on the 2 windings. I have create integral operators intop1 and intop2 windings.
To impose I1=I2=I0 I write under the weak constraint node (with auxiliary dependent variable Iwinding1 added under the node with right click)
For winding 1: (intop1(mf.Jphi-I0)*test(Ispire1)
For winding 2: (intop2(mf.Jphi-I0)*test(Ispire2)
I apply Ispire1 and 2 in external density domains.

It doesn't work.
With global equations added it works better but currents are not exactly the same in winding 1 and 2.

The single turn coil feature is far more complex, the ODE is (intop1(mf.Jphi-I0)*test(Vcoil)
I don't know how to add the ODE for the potential

Someone have any experience with this?

Best regards

Julien

0 Replies Last Post 1 mars 2016, 09:29 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Julien Givernaud

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.