Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Axis formatting

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear users, greetings.
I would like to know how to produce graphs, where the both x- and y-axis are numerically consistent. For instance, on y-axis I have the following numbers displayed:
0.18, 0.2, 0.22, 0.24, 0.3 and etc.
Instead, I want them all to be consistent as shown here
0.18, 0.20, 0.22, 0.24, 0.30..

How

3 Replies Last Post 2 févr. 2016, 02:15 UTC−5
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 1 févr. 2016, 06:12 UTC−5
In 5.1 and 5.2 you can achieve this as follows:

- Expand the Number Format section in the plot group.

- Enable Manual axis settings.

- Check the Show trailing zeros check box.

- Change the Precision so that you get the right number of significant digits. In your example it is 3.

In 5.1 and 5.2 you can achieve this as follows: - Expand the Number Format section in the plot group. - Enable Manual axis settings. - Check the Show trailing zeros check box. - Change the Precision so that you get the right number of significant digits. In your example it is 3.

Posted: 8 years ago 1 févr. 2016, 20:20 UTC−5

In 5.1 and 5.2 you can achieve this as follows:

- Expand the Number Format section in the plot group.

- Enable Manual axis settings.

- Check the Show trailing zeros check box.

- Change the Precision so that you get the right number of significant digits. In your example it is 3.

Thank you, Mr Andersson.
Can I format each axis individually though?
[QUOTE] In 5.1 and 5.2 you can achieve this as follows: - Expand the Number Format section in the plot group. - Enable Manual axis settings. - Check the Show trailing zeros check box. - Change the Precision so that you get the right number of significant digits. In your example it is 3. [/QUOTE] Thank you, Mr Andersson. Can I format each axis individually though?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2 févr. 2016, 02:15 UTC−5
Thank you, Mr Andersson.
Can I format each axis individually though?

No, you can't.

[QUOTE]Thank you, Mr Andersson. Can I format each axis individually though?[/QUOTE] No, you can't.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.