Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling a sound wave in helmholtz resonator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with the following.

For my graduation project I am looking at the effect of (adding) friction in the neck of a helmholtz resonator. I would like to model this in Comsol, so I can have a closer look at the effect of for example adding geometry or obstacles in the neck of the helmholtz resonator. I tried doing this with the acoustics module (frequency domain), but this is not precise enough at the boundary layers, and I guess I can't take the friction effects into account by using this. Now i am looking at pipe acoustics or pipe flow, but I am not sure which studies i should combine to achieve the right results.

Does anyone have experience in this kind of acoustic simulation? Which modules should I use?

Thank you very much!

Bettine

2 Replies Last Post 19 janv. 2016, 09:10 UTC−5
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 19 janv. 2016, 07:17 UTC−5
Dear Bettine,

I think it's better to mail your question to "support@comsol.com".

Best regards,
François Mandias
Dear Bettine, I think it's better to mail your question to "support@comsol.com". Best regards, François Mandias

Posted: 8 years ago 19 janv. 2016, 09:10 UTC−5
Thank you for the reply, I will contact support.
Thank you for the reply, I will contact support.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.