Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export parametric 2D surface plot to multiple images

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I did a parametric sweep simulation with a combined material sweep. Now I defined a surface isoplot which I want to export to an image file. And I want to do that for each combination of parameter and material, which results to a number of images. To do this manually needs quite some time, so I wondered if there is a way to automatically export each combination to a separate image file based on the defined export node?

I'd like to define a description with the parameter value and this value should be part of the file name.

Any help is appreciated.
Andre

4 Replies Last Post 4 févr. 2016, 03:57 UTC−5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 13 janv. 2016, 08:38 UTC−5
Hi Andre,
Repetitive post-processing tasks like that can be automated in an app, by making use of a "for" loop in a method.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Andre, Repetitive post-processing tasks like that can be automated in an app, by making use of a "for" loop in a method. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 3 févr. 2016, 02:43 UTC−5
Hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply. In the last weeks I was not able to work on this problem.

Because I'm on a linux system, I can't use the application builder. Is it possible to automate post processing tasks inside "core" COMSOL?

Or do you mean a different kind of app?

Thanks
Andre
Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. In the last weeks I was not able to work on this problem. Because I'm on a linux system, I can't use the application builder. Is it possible to automate post processing tasks inside "core" COMSOL? Or do you mean a different kind of app? Thanks Andre

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 3 févr. 2016, 14:11 UTC−5
Hi Andre,
Yes, that is the type of app I meant. Any option of emulating Windows on your linux machine? We have customers using the App Builder on Macs using Boot Camp for that same reason.
Jeff
Hi Andre, Yes, that is the type of app I meant. Any option of emulating Windows on your linux machine? We have customers using the App Builder on Macs using Boot Camp for that same reason. Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 4 févr. 2016, 03:57 UTC−5
Hello Jeff,

thank you for the clarification. I have to check with our IT department about emulating windows.

Bye
Andre
Hello Jeff, thank you for the clarification. I have to check with our IT department about emulating windows. Bye Andre

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.